Tom Johnson Camping Center Raises over $12,400 for Susan G. Komen
Local business donates a portion of gross profits to breast cancer research
Concord, NC (November 17, 2010) - In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Tom Johnson Camping Center (TJCC) went pink to raise money for the Charlotte Chapter of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Throughout the month of October, Tom Johnson Camping Center collected a portion of its gross profits for donation to Komen for the Cure. All transactions at both TJCC's Marion and Concord locations during October contributed to the total amount raised. In total, TJCC raised over $12,400 for breast cancer research.
TJCC team members Gary Stroud, Mark Eisenhart and Charles Faulkner were on hand to present Susan G. Komen for the Cure with a check for $12,455.59. Accepting the check for the Charlotte Chapter of Komen for the Cure was Jane Cacchoine, Development & Race Director.
"We are absolutely thrilled with the generosity displayed by Tom Johnson Camping Center," said Cacchoine. "The fantastic thing is 75% of this money was raised locally and will stay local, going toward breast cancer screening, treatment, research and education in the Charlotte region. The remaining 25% will go to the National level for research."
"The amount TJCC was able to raise for Susan G. Komen for the Cure exceeded our expectations," said Stroud, Vice President of Tom Johnson Camping Center. "A big 'thank you' to the customers and staff of Tom Johnson Camping Center; without them, raising this amount of money would not have been possible."
Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a global leader in the breast cancer movement, having invested nearly $1.5 billion since its inception in 1982. As the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, Komen for the Cure works together to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. For additional information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure log on to KomenCharlotte.org.
Founded in 1967, Tom Johnson Camping Center, conveniently located in Concord and Marion, North Carolina, is the inaugural recipient of the Dave Altman Number One RV Dealer Award. A Blue Ribbon award-winning dealership, Tom Johnson Camping Center is among the top-ten recreational vehicle dealerships nationwide. With expertise in sales, service, parts and rentals, Tom Johnson Camping Center offers a comprehensive selection of motor homes, fifth wheels, travel trailers and fold downs.
Contact: Sammy Eanes, WhirlWind Creative,
office: 704.454.5598 - mobile: 540-525-0864 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org